I know you are wondering what I am talking about? Nigeria’s current president is a fossil-lator. Imagine my first reaction when i noticed every one on his ministerial list is 50 and older? Keep in mind at least half or Nigeria’s population is under 40…so we are bringing in people who are “quarter to die” to come put in place policies in which they have no vested interest as many of them will be dead in the next 10 to 20 years anyway…if that long even. I have several issuess with the administration so far…
1. You left our economy in limbo for 5 months…an economy that is not thriving to begin with. Only to dash our hopes even further?
2. You recycled the same people who have played active roles in previous other governments, which have been no good to come back with their second hand policies as ministers? I am in my 30’s and I recognise 75% of the names on the lists. Same input, but you expect a different output?
3. One of the nominees was been questioned, the guy was going on about coal…please in which decade or century? Our mates are using clean energy, we are looking for ways to kill of our citizenery with pollution linked issues like cancer and infertility? Half of these people cannot operate a smart phone or ipad beyond the basic and probably cannot even order a cab on Uber..so they can’t even think in terms of development. Same way everyone is complaining universities are overcrowded…i went to University in America in the late 90’s and we had been using blackboard to submit assignments etc. I did my masters in 2007 completely online…easy way to decongest and grow revenue – online Education. Just proctor the CBT maybe 4 times a term. That way they are not all on campus at the same time. If you worry others will take tests for the students…match a picture id to the face before test…finish. weight the assigments or tasks fairly so whoever got outside help will be evened out when they sit in on a test for themselves. You don’t go from 100 to 19 in the same subject matter just like that.
4. Buhari and his advisers have fully demonstrated they are “winging it”. Let me explain…you contested elections 3 or 4 times, you had a 12 year period to consider a cabinet and lets even say ok, you joined APC to get the last win. ..you are indebted to them. You had two months before swearing in to pick ministers, but you waited 5 months after? The Conservatives won in the UK, thats same day the, the cabinet was announced. I am just saying…
5. The ministerial screening is a joke…Senate are acting like a bunch of kids that realise they are on MTV for the first time. Nigeria that is broke is paying these folks so much money that they produce TV shows for us?
I propose to whoever is running in 2019 to start showing their faces, because I don’t see this uncoordinated set of people going beyond that. We are Nigerians and we have a right to hold you accountable.
Thats my two Naira for today.
Winners Wednesday is still HERE